Friday 1 January 2010

Happy New Year!

You may ask
How was 2009 for you?
And I'd say so-so
Would I want to go back?
Feck no!

Don't get me wrong now
I'm grateful to be here
Alive and well
Not a complaint from me you'd hear

It's a miracle I tell you
miracle the life of a day
so I paid my respects
Left the last year wherever it may lay

The new year's dawn pregnant
with hope for a better tomorrow
in love with our dreams
wishing to escape from sorrow

So I made a list
tried to close optimism in a bottle
what do we want?
what would warm our hearts' cockles?

At worst
let the new year to be like the last
At best
the seeds of our dreams to grow up fast

Healthy body and mind
put one brick each for the new day coming
make it better and make it true
Hope to know ourselves a little bit more
and if you put a smile to people's faces
then you've reached your destination's core

Keep all year round the one feeling
from the year's change, the one and only gift it brings
that of everything is possible
For when the New Year comes, that's the message your heart rings

Throw your ancors to the future
Because it is alive, it is clear
It is you who will sail through it
Cut out your own path and don't fear

So I wish you to be happy,I wish you to be well,
Stock up on courage, roll up the sleeves,
take a swig of optimism straight from its bottle
break a smile and blow the horn,
you ship is ready for the open seas
behind is last year's harbor the one it leaves...

Happy New Year to all, wishing you a good journey for 2010!!

buzz it!

No comments: